May 12, 2010

We can now cross a few more items off our to-do list: we’ve finally ordered Shawn’s tux and gotten him fitted.

We wrapped that up on Monday night, over at the Dufferin Mall Moores. We met with a different woman than the one we previously met with, but she was just as nice and helpful.

We also placed the order for the best man’s outfit. As mentioned in my earlier blog post about the guys' outfits, I wanted my maid of honour's dress to match the BM's vest/tie combo as much as possible. And while the Dufferin Mall Moores did offer a wide range of colours, none of them quite matched the swatch that my MOH sent me (wedding lesson: don’t go with purple if you want everything to be really matchy-matchy).

But one was fairly close and so we decided to go with that. We could have purchased a matching tie from the designer that’s making my sister’s dress but it would have cost $80; $80 for a dark purple tie that the BM would likely never wear again. At some point you just have to say no and so now we're going with an almost-matching tie.

We also ordered a suit for my Dad so that he doesn’t have to bring one out from Alberta. Ideally he would have gone to his local Moores and gotten measured there but since he doesn’t live near one, the woman helping us give me this card that explains on one side where he should be measured on and then on the other has spaces for those measurements. So that’s a pretty useful tool and a good thing to have if you're dealing with out-of-town groomsmen. (I'll try to remember to post a picture of it before I mail it off.)

Shawn’s BM is his brother and now he just needs to go and get fitted and then that’s it for the guys’ outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment