May 18, 2010

Ring Picked Up; Invites Almost All Sent

Friday night we picked up my custom wedding ring from Made You Look and it looks just like the jeweller said it would.

When I first put it on it was too tight but I was told that that’s to be expected since it’s easier to make a ring too tight and then have to loosen than to have to deal with the opposite situation.

The store was able to get one of their on-site jewellers to stretch it out a bit and now it fits just fine.

It also fits just like it should with my engagement ring. The whole reason we went the custom route is because the stone setting in my engagement ring has these “bump outs” that don’t allow it to sit snugly with a regular ring. My wedding ring has a pair of notches that accommodate the bump outs and allow the two rings to sit nicely beside each other.

My ring’s designer is Jill Maddin and I totally recommend both her and Made You Look for any custom work you need done. Made You Look also some great already made pieces is a variety of price points.

In other good news, all the invites are out except for a small handful that is waiting on Shawn to find addresses for them. They’re for family on his side and as soon as he calls this one aunt and gets the missing addresses, we can get them in the mail and be all done with invitations (well, at least until we have to start tracking down RSVP cards).

No comments:

Post a Comment