May 5, 2010

Missing Addresses

My goal for this week/weekend is get our wedding invites out. So far, I’ve run into two big challenges, the first being missing addresses.

I started my address gathering back at Christmas when I was at my parents’ place. I used my mother’s address book for a bunch of addresses but sadly it was missing quite a few. I should have borrowed my paternal grandmother’s address book when I saw her but I didn’t and now I’m going to have to call her and get her to read off a bunch of missing addresses. So that’s a bit of a pain.

My mom’s side is a bit easier since I’ll be seeing a bunch of them on May 15 and can probably hand deliver quite a few invites. But since I know some people will be missing, I’m going to have my maternal grandma bring her address book so that I can copy out missing addresses into my address book.

A mass email to our friends/cousins who I have email addresses for quickly gathered their addresses. I can’t imagine what a hassle gathering addresses would have been prior to email and Facebook.

Oh wait, yes I can because we don’t have email addresses for most of Shawn’s family and he doesn’t have any close relatives who already have these missing addresses written down. So he’s going to have to call this one aunt who hopefully does have these addresses. I feel those invites might be sitting on my desk for awhile.

I have tried looking some people’s addresses online (Canada411.ca is a good place to look) and haven’t had the best results with that. Also, to do that you need to know someone’s full name and Shawn has some cousins who we don’t know what last name they are using.


So maybe getting all the invites out by Sunday is a bit ambitious, maybe I’ll aim to get 80% out instead.

1 comment:

  1. Does Shawn know really where he came from? He's like Don Draper from Mad Men.

    ReplyDelete