May 3, 2009

Fun With Caterers

Shawn and I were hoping to have picked a wedding venue by now. However, because we’re still waiting on catering quotes we’re still waiting to figuring out whether it’ll be the Berkeley or the Steam Whistle Brewery.

While Berkeley only works with one catering company, Steam Whistle works with seven. Dana, the events manager at Steam Whistle, told us to send a mass email to all seven that contains our wedding’s basic details (number of guests, what sort of food we wanted, when we were having it, that sort of stuff). So I did that and six caterers emailed me back.

Three wanted more details over email. They wanted to know things like where we were having the ceremony, approximately what time dinner would start and what my fiancé’s name is. So answered all those questions and one caterer, Rose Reisman Catering got back to me with a proposal. While the end number is likely a little too high for us, the proposal was very thorough and it’s very clear that this company consists of true professionals who would be great to work with.

Food by Eatertainment

The other three caterers wanted to talk over the phone. I was able to talk with representatives of Amazing Food and Eatertainment restaurants/panorama/ relatively quickly and both companies promptly sent over detailed quotes.If took me a little longer to get in touch with the representative of Beyond Catering but when we finally talked, she had a ton of questions for me. However, she wanted the answers sent to her over email. While I understand that me emailing her the answers certainly makes a lot of sense, I didn’t quite understand why she couldn’t have emailed me her questions. It certainly would have saved us some time.

So now I’m off to write that email and then once we receive her quote we’ll make our decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment