May 25, 2009

Altarcations Is Back

Gawker is one of my favourite blogs. Posting mostly about New York City-related topics, it brings humour and skarkiness into my life as well as lets me pretend that I live in NYC.

Today, Gawker gave me another reason to love it – it brought back Altarcations, a feature in which couples who appear in the New York Times’ Sunday “Weddings and Celebrations” section are rated and essentially pitted against each other. Yeah, it’s immature and not very nice but it is funny and sometimes a bit disturbing.

While there are exceptions, most of the couples appearing in Altarcations held the antithesis of a common sense wedding (in this crowd, a Vera Wang gown would be considered “common”). Because of that, I don’t mind the piss being taken out of them. After all, if you’re going to pursue attention, you need to be prepared to take the good with the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment