Aug 3, 2010

The Clock Is Ticking...

Only four days to go and I’m very glad I took this week off work. I have a few errands I have to run today and then tonight I’m steaming my dress and going over the music with our volunteer DJ (the real DJ doesn’t start until nine so the volunteer DJ will get the iPod started for the cocktail half-hour, dinner time and run it during our entrance/first dance/speech/cake cutting time).

This past weekend was super busy with my sister arriving in town on Friday night; my hair getting done on Saturday (it took four hours!), my stagette and Shawn’s stag on Saturday night (more on that later), my bridal shower on Sunday and then yesterday we finished these tasks:
  • Created the centrepieces (at least as much as we could In advance)
  • Packed up most of the décor
  • Gave our pre-dancing playlists one last listen and loading them up onto my iPhone
  • Created a super-detailed timeline (complete with key addresses) and sending that out to the relevant people
  • Completed the set-up notes and sent those over to our décor helpers
  • Finished off our “notebooks” (more on these later)
  • Started organizing my day-of bag
  • Wrote all the checks that need to be given out on Saturday
This morning I also steamed my veil and my party dress.

So while most stuff is done there’s still a handful of tasks that need to be completed. But at this point in time I have no doubt that everything will get done for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment