Jun 13, 2010

More On Our Photo Drama

Shawn and I met with Bruce, our photographer, this morning to discuss what we’re going to do about photos since the city doesn’t issue permits for High Park, our original photo location.

While the meeting wasn’t very long and didn’t result in any sold plans, I do feel better having gone to it.

Our photographer, who has previously shot in High Park without incident, told us that we’d probably be fine as long as we didn’t bother anyone else who was enjoying the park. He said he’d never seen anyone get in trouble for doing formal photos there and pointed out how the city’s own website only mentions one area of the park that’s out-of-bounds for photos.

So while I don’t think the woman I talked to at the parks’ office is wrong about not being able to get a permit for High Park, I do know think that you can generally get away with doing wedding photos there as long as you’re willing to share the space with others and aren’t say, setting up something like a commercial shoot.

Since our wedding party is so small, we should be able to move through High Park relatively easily, take a few shots and then move on to the next location, and not get in too many people’s way.

Our photographer also recommended that just Shawn and I do a few pictures just the two of us down at the lake. I quite like this idea and time-allowing, we’ll get to do it.

I have a bunch of notes about dealing with the city and securing a permit for those locations that it does sell them for. I’ll post those later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment