Jun 6, 2010

How We Did On Our May To-Do List

Here’s an update on how we did with our May to-do list:
  • Block off hotel rooms for guests: Not happening because the hotel we were dealing with said that we’d have to pay for unused rooms. So, since this is Toronto and there are tons of hotels out there, we’re just putting a list of few that are near our venue and reasonably priced
  • Book late July hair appointment for cut and highlights: I tried to do this but then found out that my hair shop will be on vacation on the date I originally wanted to book on. So now I’m waiting to hear from them about when exactly they’ll be closing up and hopefully I’ll still be able to get my hair done there, just a few days earlier
  • Meet with sister and figure out her shoes/jewelry, etc.: Meet with sister, didn’t find anything, it’s now in her hands
  • Buy earrings for me: I looked while I was in New York but didn’t see anything. I’m going to try looking in Toronto this weekend
  • Get Shawn’s brother to order his suit: Done
  • Figure out & order favours: We know what we’re getting and we’ll place the order in a couple of weeks
So yeah, unfortunately we didn’t get everything done.

On the flip side, I have gotten started on:
  • The photo list
  • The music list (including banned songs)
  • The alcohol list
  • The timeline (the day-of and the week-of)
  • Seating chart
And on Saturday I did my make-up trial (more on that in a future entry) and we now know what we’re getting Shawn’s brother as a thank-you gift so that’s two more things done.

Over the next month, we’re going to complete the following tasks:
  • Order the beer
  • Order the wine
  • Book nail appointments
  • Book massage appointments
  • Book hotel room
  • Finalize ceremony music (we have a pianist and violist booked and are meeting with them tomorrow to sort out the music)
I’ll do my best to keep you up-to-date on how things are going. I actually have a list of topics that I want to write blog entries about but I just keep running out of time to write them. Hopefully though I’ll be able to get up at least two, maybe even three, entries this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment