Dec 7, 2009

Wedding Website Winner

A few weeks ago I started my hunt for a wedding website website and I not have a winner: Momentville.com.

Yeah, yeah the name sucks but on the plus side:
- it’s free
- it has a template that I like and that works with our colour scheme
- it’s super-easy to edit text and photos
- it’s super-easy to add in new pages
- the budget and RSVP tools look like they will be useful (assuming I remember to use them)
-my website will never expire
- it claims to be a carbon neutral company

On the downside:
- it’s not as customizable as I would like (though if I upgraded to the a paid site I could basically create my own template)
- there’s no seating chart tool
- the interface is kind of ugly though it is easy to use

Based on my somewhat limited research, most free wedding websites offer basically the same tools/features (guest list manager, photo gallery, budget stuff) and are all generally pretty easy to use. The big differences are templates and the length of time your website will “live” for (some websites will expire after a year or two) and just a warning, there are a lot of ugly templates out there.

If you’re willing to pay for a wedding website, check out Wedquarters.com. Its own site is pretty slick looking and seems to offer some great template options. You can also choose to pay for a custom domain. www.trueloveforeven2010.com anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment