Dec 17, 2009

Seeing My Dress Again

Today I’ll be seeing and trying on my dress for the first time since I picked it out and ordered it back in July. I’m really hoping that I still love it.

Beautiful but pricey
I’ve been looking at the photos I have of the dress and while I still love the neckline, the silhouette and the back, there are a couple of details I’m having second thoughts on. I don’t want to reveal too much about my dress so let’s just say that the skirt includes a detail that at first I loved but now I’m questioning. But since it’s the type of detail that I can’t really change I guess I’m stuck with it.

But maybe once I get my dress on again I’ll change my mind (again) about that detail. But even if I don’t end up loving it it’s not what I would consider a “dress-breaker”. It’s the type of detail that most people won’t even notice and in all honestly I can live with it.

I have no intention of being a “two-dress bride”. For one thing, I can’t afford to buy a new dress (I didn’t even buy the first dress, my parents did). And if I did buy a different dress, it would look very, very similar to the one I currently have so really, what’s the point?

After I bought my dress I was really worried that I’d end up seeing that perfect one somewhere else. But so far the only dresses that I’ve liked better are those that cost oh, $5,000 or more so I feel good that I’ve made the right choice. Hopefully I’ll still feel that way after today’s fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment