Sep 3, 2009

FAQs: Invites #1

Sorry for the lack of entries; the past week has been very busy for me (though not with wedding stuff). To make up for my lack of posts, here's a very practical entry below that looks at a few frequently asked invite-related questions. I have more of these FAQ-type posts in the works and plan to post another one this weekend.

If you have a Toronto-wedding-related question (though please nothing etiquette or conflict related), please send it to wedtoblog@gmail.com

Q: When should I send out my invites?
A: The usual answer to this is eight-six weeks, giving a RSVP deadline that's three weeks prior to the wedding date. However, if you're a bit of a control freak and/or if you're dealing with guests who are travelling a long way, I would recommend sending at least some of those invites out earlier, say 10 weeks.

Also, if any of your guests are going to have to take more than a day or two off to get to your wedding, give them at least three months notice. You can do this with a "save-the-date" card or tell them in a more casual way, either way do give them plenty of heads up time or else they might use up their vacation days before your wedding comes around.

Q: I'm trying to save a bit of cash by buying invites that won't require extra postage. What is a "regular-sized" invite?
A: A standard letter needs to be 30 grams or under. The current going rate for a standard letter is $0.54.

Q: And what if I have my heart set on oversized invites, then what will I be paying? A: Let’s get the answer from this handy chart, made by Canada Post.


Q: Can I make personalized stamps here in Canada?
A: Yes, Canada Post does offer this fun service. For details, head over here. $40 will get you forty, regular stamps and prices do get a bit cheaper the more stamps you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment