Apr 19, 2011

Interesting New Wedding Venue: Neubacher Shor Contemporary (NSC)


*Updated on April 25 with a venue link*


A couple of weeks ago, I got an email inviting me to the launch party of a new venue, something that, as far as I could tell, was simply called “The Venue”. While the picture included in the invite looked intriguing, I couldn’t find anything online about this place and its location, 5 Brock Avenue, confused me because I know that area and I couldn’t imagine where this place would be.


Then I saw this article over on BlogTO, a review of some place called the Neubacher Shor Contemporary (NSC). It was the full name for what I was calling “The Venue”.

As the article explains, this space is both an art gallery and an event space, with the event side of things being called NSC The Venue.

The picture to the left should explain why I couldn’t figure out where this place was located. From the outside, it doesn’t look like much. But the inside, which offers 3,000 square feet of loft-style space, would make for an ideal, contemporary wedding space. (In case you can't the copy on that top image, this place fits 150 sitting; 250 standing.)

Annoyingly, I can’t find a website for this venue but based on the invite I got, I’m thinking that the catering company Eatertainment is providing the food so if you’re interested in this space, maybe they can put you in touch with the right people.

Thanks to Jasmine for the venue link!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay
    My name is Jasmine Baker and I have the pleasure of handling bookings for NSC. I apologize that our full website is not yet up and running, but basic contact info can found at www.nscvenue.com

    If you would like to come by for a private tour, please let me know. It would be my pleasure to show you.

    Great Blog BTW!

    Best,
    Jasmine Baker
    647.933.0193

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmine for that info; I've updated the post with the link.

    ReplyDelete