Apr 25, 2010

My Wedding Hair Trial

Since I want my hair done at home on my wedding day and I don’t want to pay $200 to get it done, I’m going with a company called The Mobile Stylist. It’s run by a woman named Charlene and she assigned me a hairdresser named Bene. Since it’s cheaper for me to go to them for the trial, yesterday I headed up to Charlene’s condo in North York.

To be honest, I was a bit nervous about the whole. Though I had photos of what I wanted done and I was assured by Charlene that Bene knows what she’s doing, I was still worried that I was going to end up blowing $68 on shitty hair style and then I’d find myself in a desperate search for a new stylist.

Hair jewellery
Last night I had my hair trial done.
Thankfully my worrying was for nothing. Both Charlene and Bene were quite nice and
during the appointment they talked about their business and previous jobs in a way that reassured me that they are true professionals who show up on time, stay late if needed and get the job done properly.

Bene was great at taking criticism and suggests, from both me and Charlene. She nailed the back of my hair on the first try but the front wasn’t looking quite right. So she played with it bit and we figured out a way to make it look much better.

She also took lots of photos on both mine and her camera so that we have something to look back at on my wedding day.

So overall I think things went pretty well and I’m quite happy with the end results.

Some general hair trial tips:
  1. Figure out one or two stylists that you like and then bring images of those styles
  2. Bring your veil and any hair jewellery you plan on wearing
  3. Wash your hair the night before are you normally. Blow drying it with a paddle brush is fine would but don’t style it or put any products in it
  4. The morning of your trial just brush your hair and leave it loose, free of any products and heat

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find out about these mobile hair stylists? Did someone recommend them to you or did you find them on-line or at a wedding show?

    ReplyDelete